- UZIMA -
Uzima, a word from the Kiswahili language of Africa, expressesing the wholeness of life, life in all its fullness, the abundant and complete life.
CHARLENE SMITH, LCSW
My work is founded in the belief that through self awareness, psychological healing, and value driven actions we all have the potential for creating a fulfilling life.
As a clinician I am dedicated to staying current with research and evidenced based interventions. I work from a holistic perspective, one that views us as integrated beings addressing all aspects; body, mind, and spirit.
I am often asked "Do you like your job?" Yes! I am continuously in awe of the human body and spirit, the resilience and complexity of it all. It is an honor.
- 55 mn phone/video/in-person session,- $115.00
- Cash, check, card, and third party payments are accepted. Including HSA.
- A 5.00 processing fee is accessed to all card payments.
Insurance may be used to pay for your session fee. Below is a list of insurance companies I work with.
- If I do not take your insurance, I do provide a super bill which can be submitted to your health insurance for out of network benefits.
- Please be aware that insurance requires a billable mental health diagnosis, and at times can dictate what type of therapy they will cover.
- Please contact your insurance company and understand your behavioural health/mental health benefits prior to your first appointment.
Health Insurance Covered:
- Select Health
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
Our therapy is grounded in three primary principles; Improving awareness, Healing psychological wounds, and Aligning your actions with your values.
This is conceptualized from a holistic frame work that addresses brain, body, and spirit.
Your therapeutic journey will draw from the following practices:
ACT - Acceptance Commitment Therapy
DBT - Dialectical Behavioural Therapy
EMDR - Eye Movement Desensitisation Therapy
MBCT - Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy